Boneless, skinless chicken breasts stuffed with the tangy flavor of feta and the vegetable goodness of almost a pound of spinach!
SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz chopped frozen spinach, cooked according to package directions and squeezed dry.
- 3 oz feta, crumbled ( about ½ cup )
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Step 1 Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Step 2 Separate the spinach and cheese mixture into three parts, and roll into thick logs. Stuff each log into the pocket you made in the chicken breasts. Season with remaining salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Step 3 Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan set over medium high heat, then add the stuffed chicken, “top” side down. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip the chicken over.
- Step 4 Place the pan into the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. If your chicken breasts are extraordinarily thick, cook for 2 to 5 minutes longer, or until juices run clear when you poke the chicken with a fork.