The great thing about these energy bites is that they have some healthy ingredients like oats, flax seeds, raw honey, chia seeds and coconut oil. So many good stuff in one bite! Oh, and did I mention you don’t even need to turn on the oven to make these? Quick, easy, nutritious – just perfect for a snack or a quick on-the-go breakfast.
No-Bake Chocolate Energy Treats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ + ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- dash of salt, to taste
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey, raw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ almond flakes, lightly toasted and crushed
- Step 1 In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, cocoa powder, ⅓ cup coconut, ground flaxseed, cranberries, chia seeds, chocolate and salt.
- Step 2 In another small bowl, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and combined. Stir in vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well until fully combined.
- Step 3 In a small shallow bowl, stir together the almond flakes and ¼ cup coconut. Using wet hands, roll the oat mixture into balls (mine were about 1-inch in diameter) and then roll them around in the bowl of coconut and almonds for the outer coating. Place in the refrigerator to set for about 20min.
- Step 4 Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.